You possibly can select from a dizzying array of smartphone apps right now, starting from the ingenious to the ridiculous (such because the iBeer, which helps you to faux to drink a beer). When you favor sensible apps, among the most helpful ones at the moment are offered from an business lengthy considered stodgy – insurance corporations.
Auto insurance apps are particularly helpful, primarily as a result of the occasions you most want insurance info or help are the occasions you’re probably to be away from conventional strategies of contact.
Within the early days, automotive insurance apps had been primarily simply lists and reminders. Nevertheless, with right now’s smartphones containing high-quality cameras and loads of storage and interactive functionality, most automotive insurance apps have expanded to turn out to be near-extensions of the insurance agent’s workplace. In case of an accident, these apps are invaluable for recording and sending info.
All main automotive insurance corporations and lots of smaller ones have free apps you can obtain for no matter working system or machine you may have. Nearly all of them preserve the unique checklists of what to do in case of an accident and different useful hints, however in addition they share these enhanced capabilities:
- Coverage Administration/Buy – You possibly can entry your insurance info, get coverage updates and/or quotes on new insurance policies, pay premiums, and buy a coverage by way of the app.
- Proof of Insurance coverage – As a substitute of getting to provide your paper insurance card as proof of insurance when a cop pulls you over, you may name up your insurance info on the app for the officer (or anybody else that has a legit have to know). Some states or areas could not settle for this as legitimate proof but, so test along with your native authorities – though it appears inevitable that it is going to be universally accepted.
- Accident Toolkits – These are among the most helpful and comforting makes use of for insurance apps. You possibly can document the entire info that you’ll want for the claims course of – info from all drivers and witnesses concerned, and pictures that present the injury to all automobiles concerned and the circumstances of the accident (space, circumstances, tire tracks or related info that can be utilized to ascertain fault – or lack thereof).
- Initiating Claims – By enabling you to begin the claims course of virtually instantly after an accident, insurance apps will help you get your transportation points settled as shortly as doable. Nevertheless, totally different insurance businesses are going to have totally different insurance policies on how a lot of your declare work will be dealt with by way of the app, relying in your coverage and the character and complexity of the declare. Discuss with your coverage to be sure you perceive the restrictions of the app.
- Emergency Roadside Help – Most insurance apps permit for connections for roadside help and might direct you to acceptable service facilities. Nevertheless, the extent to which these are useful is determined by the roadside help program that’s included in your coverage.
As apps turn out to be extra well-liked and mainstream, insurance corporations are arising with fascinating options or variations of the apps as advertising instruments. Among the many fascinating variations are “Lily”, Geico’s “interactive voice assistant” analogous to the iPhone’s Siri, State Farm’s app for youthful drivers to log driving habits and obtain protected driver reductions in consequence, and Allstate’s app tailor-made particularly to bike riders.
When you have a smartphone and haven’t already put in an app out of your automotive insurance firm, test to see what is obtainable and the way it will help you – and if you’re on the brink of renew your coverage or change insurers, do not forget to analyze these free cellular apps as a part of your decision-making course of. And in the case of the iBeer, keep in mind that iDrinking and iDriving don’t combine!